Project Implementer - Digital Products
Project Implementer – Digital Products will provide support to the Client and its stakeholders on the system (and associated systems) and process. The role will be accountable for ensuring ongoing, effective operations through the platform and associated systems, being the first line of operational support for Client and its Suppliers.
The position will require development of relationships with clients and solution-based thinking in conjunction with Point and associated systems’ vision and workflow.
Manages daily operational activity across allocated Clients, being the conduit of associated systems’ operations within the Client space and across the Client supply chain. Working closely with Headquarters in Johannesburg in reporting back on opportunities, risks and Client requirements that may be translated into features of associated systems. Will also have joint responsibility for client relationship management.
Project Implementer – Digital products will be expected to complete their duties as part of a high quality and efficient team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Promoting system initiatives in the client business that contributes to long-term operational excellence and client retention, cost savings and client growth.
- Be the conduit of associated systems and process compliance with Clients and Suppliers.
- Have a continual presence on client premises and cultivate good relationships with the client teams and Point teams onsite.
- Assess new opportunities for associated systems within the client environment on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring effective internal and external communication. This includes report back to the Digital Products division at Headquarters on opportunities for growth, issues and threats that affects or could potentially affect associated systems.
- Ensure user compliance to the system workflow and process.
- Engaging with Client and Client suppliers on the day-to-day use of system and providing first line support.
- Ensures that processes and procedures that are put in place and aligned with Point’s Vision and Goals implemented, continue to roll out with excellence and quality standard.
- Clear and concise feedback to the Digital Products division at Headquarters on key user requirements, needs and challenges coming through from daily communication with Clients and Suppliers, that requires to be escalated to management or be translated into new feature development.
- Seek opportunities to grow the system with Clients within the scope of HQ, while supporting the system is kept to a generic version.
- Interpret client and supplier (user) requirements into relatable features of associated systems and communicate this to the Digital Products division.
- Conduct Client workshop meetings.
- Build client setup document according to client requirements.
- Compile supplier setup templates.
- Determine and connect Implementation team to all Client external stakeholders.
- Be able to provide support regarding associated systems’ features that affects system.
- Post Implementation ongoing first line general support.
- Manage daily communication with client.
- Support associated systems’ rollout and implementation plans in collaboration with Headquarters.
- Promote system benefits, new features, new releases and upcoming releases with the Client and Stakeholders.
- Ensure thorough understanding of new features and new releases through Release Notes that are communicated by the system division at HQ.
- Management of client expectations in collaboration with the system division at HQ.
- Post Implementation training (Ongoing) of associated systems.
- Attend all system training sessions and workshops.
- Assist in scheduling dates, times and venues with client.
- Escalation of unresolved related systems’ issues to the system Project Manager for resolution.
- Collaborates with colleagues to create the needed work systems and processes based on feedback and inputs from Client and Client’s Suppliers.
- Contribute to short and long term organisational planning and strategy as a member of the Digital Products team.
- Ensure a client-focused mentality is kept throughout related systems’ implementation and post implementation ongoing support.
- Reporting and Analysis.
- This role will be regionally based and work across multiple clients.
- 70-80% Client based
- 30-40% domestic travel
Desired Skills & Experience
Education and Experience
- Diploma or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the Point of Sale production and execution process highly advantageous
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy required
- Project Management/Account Management experience advantageous
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Key Competencies
- Account Management Skills
- Excellent Customer Service and Relationship Management Skills
- Ability to follow processes and enjoy working with systems and technology
- Agility to think pragmatically and methodically action and track projects.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to stay calm, especially under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively and be proactive
- Be mature in dealing with conflict and debate
- Solution driven thinker and adaptable
- Good numeracy skills to recognize and interpret data
- Administrative skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful and self-reliant
- Must be professional
- Highly efficient, organized and pays attention to detail
- Positive outlook
- Ability to work collaboratively and be proactive
- Must be presentable
- Own transport
- Willingness to travel