Gone are the days of you calling your stockbroker to buy and sell shares often with high fees.
Like much of the world stockbrokers have gone through digital transformations and now as more people invest online stock trading apps and platforms are catering to all walks of life from young tech savvy investors to the tweed wearing old English gent sat in his manor home.
As technology advances so does how we invest , so whether you are looking to buy Amazon shares as they take over the world, looking to copy peoples trades or just buy funds comprised of many of your favourite stocks we have broken down the Best Stock trading Apps of 2020 below.
Best stock trading apps: Reviews
- Swissquote – Best Overall Stock Trading App
- Etoro – Best Stock Trading App for Beginners
- Sarwa – Best Stock Trading App for Portfolio Investing
- IG.com – Best Stock Trading App for Learning about Trading
- ETrade – Stock Trading App with the Best VIP Client Experience
The group started as a Financial Services Software Provider, so not your typical SwissBank!
In 2001 Swissquote were granted a Swiss banking licence and merged their Software and banking experience to grow into a leading online banking group.
- The platform gives access to many international markets and scores high on the safety front due to being listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange and its long track record.
- The platform also has a robo advisor for those looking for more of a hands off approach.
- The fees can be higher than other platforms and given the amount of markets and products you can trade the platform at times become overwhelming.
Best for: Investors who are looking for security and safety and are ok with higher fees.
2007 saw the birth of one of Etoro and an almost immediate rise to fame within the FinTech Space.
Etoro’s platform allows anyone at any level to trade anywhere. Etoros growth has been down to two factors.
Simple platform anyone can use and a large active Community where you can chat and discuss companies, trades with fellow investors.
Etoro’s platform allows you to buy and sell stocks and many other financial instruments but whats really cool is if trading seems scary and confusing, the Etoro platform has the option to automatically copy the trades of other more experienced traders on the platform.
- Easy Account Opening & Trading
- Large Community of fellow investors at all levels
- Web and mobile platform very user friendly.
- Due to continued growth Customer Service can be slow in getting back
- Withdrawal of funds can be longer than other platforms.
- Relatively high fees
Best for: Beginners to intermediates who want to trade or copy trade quickly and easily.
One of the Dubai startups leading the Fintech revolution in the Middle East. Raised a Series A of $8.4 million in January 2020.
The group regulated by the DFSA are an online financial advisor that make investing simple.
Whilst you cannot trade single stocks (maybe we will see this in the future with them) the platform makes it easy to invest in ETF’s (a basket of securities that provides diversification and incredibly easy trading of stocks, bonds commodities or a mix)
- Easy sign up and investment journey
- Robo advisor BUT you can speak to real experts
- Great for long term investing
- Cannot “trade” individual stocks and shares
- No daily trade opportunities
Best for: Those wanting to invest in ETFs for longer term returns.
UK Broker established in 1974 and regulated by a number of global bodies including the FCA in the UK. Over 178,000 users.
The platform is incredibly user friendly and designed in a way to make it simple to use and not overwhelming. No matter your level lots they have an academy which is full of educational tools to learn.
Very simple to make deposits and withdraw funds. The minimum deposit is higher than other platforms at $300 minimum deposit and the customer phone support is hit and miss.
Whilst the platform offers over 17,000 markets to trade dependent on your location you could be limited to just CFD and options trading.
- Incredible Trading “Academy”
- Great trading platform
- Excellent withdrawal and Deposit options
- Minimum deposit of $300
- Mixed service when dealing with the Customer Support
- Limited trading portfolio
Best for: People who want to learn and develop their trading skills.
US based stockbroker regulated by the Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
E*Trade was acquired by Morgan Stanley in early 2020 and given its regulations and long standing record, E*Trade is considered safe.
E*Trade has an excellent mobile app that makes trading incredibly easy and has some great features like strategy builders, trading ideas and market leading research tools.
The platform only allows you to trade US markets and whilst the customer support is good the account verification can be a lengthy process.
- $0 commission on trades
- Free Stock Analysis and Screeners
- Beginner Friendly
- Limited Currency Trading (if looking outside of Stocks)
- Account Minimums $500 to open an account
- Can only trade US markets
Best for: Traders who want to trade and manage further financial services products in one platform.